Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 4 Antworten
und wurde 722 mal aufgerufen
 ET Tipps and Tricks
Markedo Offline

Gefreiter

31.12.2010 12:10
ET Tips for new/experienced players Antworten

If your English is very bad then there is still Google Translate, I do not recommend it because it changes the context of the official text. But here you go:
Copy all (CTRL + A) and Paste into the text box: http://translate.google.com/#en|de|.

Hello all,

I have made this thread to help new players/experienced players with the game Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory.

This list contains both unproven tips (I am not a 100 percent sure that they work) and proven tips (things that i'm 100 percent sure that they work). I have put alot of effort into this and have thought about everything that can make you a better player at ET. Please tell me if I am wrong about something.

!!! I would like to ask to all of you to post some tips for newer players or other [NRW]Members. Besides, we all can learn from each other because we don't know everything about ET...

TIPS
1. Unproven Tips

1.1 Mens Sana in Corpore Sana, a latin proverb. It says; A healthy mind in a healthy body.
You need both if you want to be the best, so make sure they are both fine...

1.1.1 - Sports
I once went running and when I came back and played it felt extremely easy to frag.
Today (writing day 24/12/2010) I went running, it was damn cold and slippery. I ran for 25
minutes (5km). I will play on ET now and see my evolution.
Results: I see no difference in my playing style / results (K/D)...
But it might be valuable for some of you guys.

1.1.2 - Water
I am not sure about it but when I drink I have the feeling that I can focus better...
Most of our body is water so I dont think its bad.
However, don't drink to much water... I once drank 10 glasses of water and I almost had to vomit.

1.1.3 - Temperature
Make sure it is not too hot in your room. I don't know why I say this, but I think heat makes you
slower than usual. Also, it can't be to cold because then your fingers will freeze. The perfect
conditions are : not too cold, not too warm.

1.1.4 - Focus
Don't be to tired when you play, it makes you slow, you are less focused, go sleep at time and wake up at time

1.1.5 - Douche
Wash yourself, make sure you are fully awake. It will make your reaction time shorter, you will shoot faster.

1.1.6 Music
When you play for fun and don't care about howmuch kills/deaths you have it's fine to play with music,
It's also more fun to play with music. However, I don't think its good to listen to music when you are
playing "competitive", when you are trying to get some results, like objective or highest fragger because
when you listen to music your mind has to concentrate on 2 things (ET & Music). But sometimes I have the
feeling that when I listen to a song that has a good rythm I can frag better...

2. Proven Techniques & Tips

2.1 Crouching
Use crouching if you want to shoot precisely (you actually always should). Chroucing improves accuracy, when combined with strafing
and stamina it is a deadly weapon in 1vs1 & 1vs2 &...

2.2 Backraping
Always try to kill the enemy from behind. I know that some of you think this is low but you will have
a much better chanche of killing enemies from behind. At the time they turned around you already did
a lot of damage...

2.3 Headshots
ALWAYS try to aim the enemy's head, I know its smaller than the body but it does a lot more damage.
3 or 4 Headshots and hes dead.

2.4 Bullet Spread
Try to fire in short bursts. Not more than 5 shots together. This will improve your accuracy when far away.
But when your enemy is 3 meters away then pump that lead into his brains... A machine gun is still deadly
accurate from 3 meters away...

2.5 Strafing
Strafing = going from the left to the right while sprinting. This makes you a lot harder to hit for the enemy.

2.6 Don't lie down (button: X)
Don't lie down in close combat. You need to be mobile when the enemy is close.

2.7 Outflank
Try to outflank your enemy. Try to be on his right/left side, it will be very hard for him to find and
shoot you back.

2.8 Practice, Practice and Practice
Do something you are horrible at and do it on and on. Keep trying to do better than your best.
You will see your evolution, in the beginning you will see a lot of evolution and later you will see less
evolution. Don't give up then... Keep pushing your abilities to the edge of life. Only while doing that we
will improve ourselves. You can practice yourself at HeadShot%, Accuracy%, TrickJumping, Moving Fast, ...
The possibilities are endless.

2.9 Use corners
Use corners defensively and offensively. They are extremely powerful while attacking (going for the objective
or going for the frag (kill)) or when you are stopping those attacking engineers.

2.10 Help your team
If you see somebody of your team mates lieing on the grond. Pull out your syringe and revive him. He will do
the same for you next team when you are in need for ammo/health... This might look obvious for alot of people,
but some people only go for the kills and don't care if their teammates are dead/alive.µ

2.11 Leaning
I think leaning is one of the most powerful abilities in W:ET. When combined this with corner camping (I know
some of you hate campers but that is what you need to do to defend succesfully...) I think you can become a succesfull
defencer. Why? When you lean from behind a corner you SEE the enemy coming, but the enemy can not see you.
You can surprise him, and the only with the surprise usually wins the fight. Also, keep your crosshair at "HeadShot"
level and be ready to pump those bullets in his head when he is close enough.

2.12 Prefire
The thing to do against corner campers is prefiring. Prefiring is firing at popular corners to scare those campers.

2.13 Always expect the unexpected (Isn't that said nice =P)
Always expect things to happen. Always be ready to shoot somebody's head off when he appears from behind a corner.

2.14 Jumping
I don't think it is good to jump in the air while in a firefight. But you can choose what tactic you use... Maybe
it might be good to jump everytime you have to reload in combat.

2.15 Have the best preparation
Always try to make sure that you are full health, full ammo and fully loaded before going into combat. This will give
you an advantage in combat. Don't make yourself an easy target, make them pay heavily for that kill!

2.16 1 ON 1
Sometimes you will see that you will have to fight 2 or more enemies who are coming towards you. You always should try to
take one of them and kill him AND GIB HIM! Always concentrate on the engineer, then on the medic. Be sure to gib the
engineer because he is very dangerous for your objective. Use corners to make the battle as fair as possible for you (1vs1)

2.16 Have a great config
A config is free, make sure its optimal for you. The normal etconfig.cfg might be good for beginners but even then
you still can tweak maxfps, graphics, mousespeed, ... You can download configs from great players like mAus and XyLoS,
but playing with their config doesn't make you like them... You will have to practice, practice and practice. But I still
think that having a good config that fits you well might make you a better player.

2.17 Having a gaming-computer
Having the best computer already gives you an "unfair" advantage in battle. Not only the computer makes a difference, also
your (gaming) mouse and (gaming) keyboard give you "unfair" advantages. Why do I say unfair? Because not everybody has
a gaming machine. It's like everything in the world, the one who is willing to pay the most will get the best...
The ones who pay less/nothing will always have a disadvantage... by the way, I don't have a gaming computer.

2.18 A good Internet connection
A good internet connection sends data to the server faster then ordinary connections. Another advantage towards other players.
2.17 and 2.18 are material things, but I had to mention them because they are an advantage.

2.19 Sprint
Sprinting (SHIFT in my cfg); when you sprint in close combat you are very hard to hit. When you want to sprint you need
stamina (green bar in HUD). Just strafing already makes you hard to hit but when you sprint while strafing it is almost
impossible for enemies to hit you.

2.20 Be the Attacker
The attack is the best defence. YOU are the surprise, YOU decide when the 1on1 starts, YOU will hit the first HeadShot,
YOU have the advantage! (because his crosshair will jump up when he receives damage)

2.21 Light
Make sure there is not too much light in your "gaming" room. Neither it can be too dark. The sun cannot shine into your
screen or it will be hard to see.

2.22 Use a CRT-screen
CRT screens have higher refreshing rates than LCD screens. You see things more in detail. The movements of your oppenent will be more
precise, so you also will be able to shoot more precise. Also, make sure your screen isn't too big because then it becomes difficult
to see both corners of your screen at the same time.

2.23 Mouse speed
Having a higher mousespeed will make you able to reach your enemy faster with your crosshair. And so giving you an advantage...
ETconfig.cfg (normal mousespeed) is 5. Try putting this higher, maybe 10 or 15. When trying to shoot and aim with a higher mousespeed
might look harder at the beginning, but after a while it become easier and easier... So dont give up after 5 minutes...

Good luck with it
[NRW]Markedo

[NRW]h8r3d Offline

Feldwebel

31.12.2010 16:40
#2 RE: ET Tips for new/experienced players Antworten

Brot für die Welt. Ein Schnitzel für mich.

[NRW]Raptor Offline

Major

31.12.2010 21:01
#3 RE: ET Tips for new/experienced players Antworten

@ Markedo

Danke für Deine ausführliche Dokumentation !!!

[NRW]Raptor

Markedo Offline

Gefreiter

01.01.2011 14:50
#4 RE: ET Tips for new/experienced players Antworten

Excellent example of headshots, crouching, outflanking the enemy and strafing (and some nice gibbing too ):
This player (Nomack), only shoots at the head of the enemy and here is the result of his attitude: http://www.own3d.tv/video/19533/Cant_be_touched
But he doesn't uses the lean techniques (maybe this wasnt featured in that version of ET...)

Some other tips I tought of:

2.24 Gibbing
Gibbing your enemy can be of extreme value for you and your teammates. When you just kill and go to the next enemy there is always a chanche a medic appears and revives him, so the tip is:
When you killed an enemy and no other threats are around: GIB HIM! and go for another frag.

2.25 Hiding behind falling enemies
When watching Aiming by Raziel you can see it very good; sometimes he is fighting 3 enemies, he shoots one and while the enemy is falling he goes behind it. The advantage is that the bullets the enemy is firing at you are partly catched by the falling enemy (Hitboxes in NQ are huge, so take advantage of this...), this is a bit harder in ETPro because the hitboxes are smaller.

2.26 Gib with your knife
When there is enough time, gib with your knife. You need your bullets for something else. Especially in ETPro because you have a minimum of ammo to start with.

2.27 Accuracy
Every bullet you fire MUST be a hit. Ammo is very valuable so don't waste it.
Your ammo will not penetrate walls (in COD it does, but not in ET). Don't shoot at corners unless you know someone is behind... You might get lucky and hit a huge hitbox in NQ

2.28 Reaction speed
In ET, its all about reaction speed... The one who hits first will get the kill (if he keeps hitting ofcourse...). So the only with the fastest reaction time USUALLY wins. To improve your reaction speed you will have to train it. A good way by doing that is playing reaction games. I searched for you guys and you can play them at www.missionred.com.
I played Reaction 1 and Reaction 2. After playing once I reached lvl 4 at Reaction 1 with the white circles with green borders , try to beat me ^^.
I suggest you play this game 5 minutes before you play ET. I think you will see the difference after a week or something.

It doesnt matters who hits the most, you only need to make sure you get the most headshots. Get those 3 or 4 headshots and you will win the 1 on 1 just like Nomack showed us...

A video on how to achieve a maximum headshot accuracy (professional tips): http://www.youtube.com/user/EnemyTerrito...f/0/PAuiMOL-WUM

Good luck
[NRW]Markedo

EDIT on 1-1-2011 23:06
2.30 The power of grenades
Grenades aren't used alot, however they are extremely powerful in both offense and defense. I give an example for both;
Offensive: Before rushing into a room, why dont tossing a grenade in first?? The grenade can do alot of the bloody work for you...
Defensive: When enemies are chasing you, you can throw a grenade to slow them down.

[NRW]h8r3d Offline

Feldwebel

02.01.2011 14:00
#5 RE: ET Tips for new/experienced players Antworten

its raziel who is playing in the last part of the vid...one of the best rtcw players ever...btw this nomack guy isnt that good...mosts of the frags u see in the video are from the public server "ecg-network"... i used 2 play there very often (one of the last rtcw-public servers) and as u can see the movement of his opponents are very lowskilled

Brot für die Welt. Ein Schnitzel für mich.

«« ET-Minimizer
 Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz